Non-Immigrant Visas (NIV) for temporary travel to the USA

If you have a passport which is not in the list above or you do not meet the criteria for the visa exemption, then you need to apply for a B1 / B2 visa (both are usually requested at the same time) .

The B1 visa is a business visa for business meetings such as consulting a partner, attending a conference or conference, negotiating a contract, etc. The B2 visa is a visa for tourism (holidays, medical treatment, etc.).


– The B1 visa is for business meetings: it is not a visa for in the USA.

– These 2 visas allow you to stay up to 6 months and are valid for 10 years. Be careful that the US tax administration does not consider you as an American tax resident! You will be considered a tax resident of the United States if you meet the substantial presence requirement for the calendar year (Substantial Attendance Test).

To meet this test, you must be physically present in the United States (U.S.) on at least:

  1. 31 days during the current year, and
  2. 183 days during the 3-year period that includes the current year and the 2 years immediately before that, counting:All the days you were present in the current year, and1/3 of the days you were present in the first year before the current year, and1/6 of the days you were present in the second year before the current year.

B1 / B2 visas are valid for 10 years and cost USD 160.

To obtain B1 / B2 visas, you must:

  1. First submit an application on this site:
  2. Once the application is filed, you must make an appointment with the US Embassy via this site:

Más temas similares

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Go up